I was invited to participate in The Law Report with Karen Key on SAfm on 14/05/12. The discussion centred on the importance of wills, estate planning and the use and significance of trusts. Click on Part 1 Part 2 to download and listen to the show recording.
Foreign marriages: knowing your marital status when married in another country, with regard to conveyancing and estate planning
Marriages and civil unions in South Africa are governed by different marital property regimes which directly impact property ownership. These are either in or out of community of property. In South Africa, when executing an antenuptial agreement, or prenuptial agreement as termed in other countries (also known as a prenupt or prenup) the marriage is […]
Schoeman Attorneys celebrated their anniversary on 1 September 2010! We will however continue to celebrate throughout the month of September 2010 by inter alia, taking part in the National Wills week 2010. This pro bono initiative offers members of the general public an opportunity to have a basic will drafted by a professional, free of […]
Nicolene Schoeman-Louw is featured regularly on The Law Report with Karen Key on SAfm. The next show is scheduled for 09/02/2015 at 21:05.
If you missed Nicolene Schoeman - Louw on The Law Report on SAfm on Monday 19/01/2015, download the show here
- Learn about the legal aspects affecting you as a business owner and about those affecting your business on Monday 17/02/2014 February 12, 2014
- Employee Share Schemes Where (INTER VIVOS) Trusts are Shareholders September 20, 2013
- Renunciation of an Inheritance – SARS Clarifies Tax Consequences September 20, 2013
- Ineligibility and Disqualification of Directors September 20, 2013
- Will the Proposed Revision to the B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice Lead to Increased Fronting Activity? September 20, 2013
- The bells and whistles of employment contracts-know your way around yours January 20, 2015
- Amendments to Labour law- The Labour Relations Amendment Act January 19, 2015
- The nature, scope and purpose of a Living Wills in South Africa January 18, 2015
- Notarial Authentications or “ notarizations ” with a focus on foreign documents for use in the Republic January 12, 2015
- Direct marketing and spam January 7, 2015