The Basic Conditions of Employment Act No. 75 of 1997, as amended (the BCEA), which gives effect to the right to fair labour practices referred to in Section 23 of the Constitution by establishing and making provision for the regulation of basic conditions of employment, may see certain amendments in the coming weeks. The Amendment […]
About Andre Nortje
The Minister of Telecommunications and Postal Services has, with effect from earlier this month, on 10 November 2017, officially amended the regulations in respect of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002, as amended (hereinafter the “ECT Act”). These amendments have been substantially influenced by the United […]
In a recent Labour Court ruling of Dunlop Mixing and Technical Services (Pty) Ltd and Others v National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa (NUMSA) obo Nganezi and Others, the Judge held that an employee bound implicitly by a duty of good faith towards the employer, breaches that duty by remaining silent about knowledge possessed […]
The Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008 (the “CPA”) has been in effect since 2011, however, long before this Act, there have been other legislation around to protect consumers in the building and property law industry. One of these pieces of legislation in construction law in South Africa is known as the Housing Consumers […]
In the construction industry, as with many other industries, guarantees are used as security for the payment of compensation and to secure the performance of the obligations of the employer and/or the contractor in the underlying building contract. In construction contracts, it is far more common to secure the performance of the obligations of the […]
We have used Schoemanlaw Inc. for the past year for debt collection and have found them pro-active, professional, reasonable and knowledgeable. As such we have no hesitation in recommending them. It is always been a pleasure to deal with them.Carl Knight, Credit Intel
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- Mediation – is it an Alternative to Litigation? September 18, 2019
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019