The amended Codes of Good Practice to the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act 46 of 2013 as amended were issued in October 2013 and became effective in May 2015. On 29 March 2018, the Department of Trade and Industry issued two draft statements which deals with certain amendments to the Codes, specifically related to statement […]
When deciding whether you should use an Agency or a Distribution Agreement – the main question a business owner should ask is whether the person or Company you are appointing will be acting as an Agent or a Distributor. An Agent relationship comes into existence where the Agent obtains permission from the Supplier to market, […]
What seemed to be a completely foreign concept just a few years ago, is now a reality for most investors. Cryptocurrency is a virtual form of money that is protected by indestructible Cryptography which makes it a secure way to store wealth and investments. Cryptocurrencies are unique in the sense that their blockchain technology is […]
Most of us are part of at least one “buy and sell” or “second-hand” group on social media platforms like Facebook. What is interesting, is how these sales posts are managed and how many people complain on the same page about paying for a product and the seller disappearing or coming to an agreement with […]
As most South Africans are aware, the national Budget Speech for 2018 was held on 21 February 2018. After quite a lot of turmoil in Government, and the election of a new President, everyone eagerly awaited the Budget Speech this year for some positive economic news. So, what are the important things we need to […]
Great service – very helpful and informative. Thank you.Marina Fysh, Personal Assistant, Cape Town
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- Mediation – is it an Alternative to Litigation? September 18, 2019
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019