Securing credit is a very sensitive subject as most South Africans have fallen into the trap of loaning money to a friend, family members, a colleague or a business partner with the promise of receiving the full amount plus interest back, in no time. However, the real world is not that simple, and it is […]
Often a company’s shareholding is not clear to a layman and even though you might be in possession of a share certificate, you might not necessarily be the valid owner of any shares. What a misconception to be held under. These types of situations arise especially in the BBBEE spectrum where someone is made to […]
The holiday season provides a valuable opportunity for rest, reflection and rejuvenation. Notably 2017 has been one of the most challenging years for many of us. For others though, it has been the best year yet. Be that as it may, this year has in our view, more than any other; been a year of […]
Often individuals are appointed as the Trustee of a trusted friend or family member’s family Trust. Should, for example, the Trust’s founder pass away and the surviving spouse or the founder’s children wish to sell the Trust assets and dissolve the Trust, may the Trustee be in a position legally to acquire any of this […]
According to the Department of Trade and Industry (“DTI”), fronting means a deliberate circumvention or attempted circumvention of the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Amendment Act No. 46 of 2013, as amended, (the “Act”) and the Codes. The Act introduced the definition of “fronting”, a concept which had previously been based on the common law criminal concept of […]
Great service – very helpful and informative. Thank you.Marina Fysh, Personal Assistant, Cape Town
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019