A Landlord, who struggles to obtain rental payments from his Tenants, may demand, in writing to his Tenants, the amount of rental payment that is in arrears. Should the Landlord be unsuccessful and a period of 7 (seven) days or longer has lapsed, the Landlord may consider instituting legal proceedings in accordance with the Rental […]
About Hondo Swartz
The powers of a Sheriff to conduct an inventory in terms of a Rent Interdict when the Judgement Debtor is not present, and the premises are locked
South Africa is home to approximately 200,000 homeless people, a significant portion of the nation’s population of 53.5 million. While commendable efforts are being made to combat this, an unlawful occupant may cause considerable loss to a private property owner. In the event of this happening, it is crucial for the property owner to know […]
A Restraint of Trade agreement is included in the majority of employment contracts in South Africa, yet most parties only enquire about the enforceability of clause at the conclusion of the period of employment. It is of crucial that all parties have a full understanding of the clause and its potentially far-reaching implications. This presents […]
On 28 July 2017, the South African Government gazetted the White Paper on International Migration for South Africa (“the Paper”) for comment. The Paper is aimed at providing a policy framework that will guide the comprehensive review and development of immigration and related legislation. South Africa’s international migration policy was set out in the 1999 […]
I am very fortunate to be associated with a professional outfit as yourselves. Thank you. I have only met with diligent service delivery from your offices and have no doubt that your brief to counsel has been a testimony of precision and completeness.Advocate Grant Smith, Member of the Cape Bar
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019