The FICA Amendment Act No 2 of 2017 (“the Act”), published in the Government Gazette on 2 May 2017, strengthens the provisions of FICA by introducing a risk-based approach to customer due diligence, among other things. In this article, we will deal in short with the sections that relate to customer due diligence measures. Customer […]
About Sixolile Timothy
A supplier of goods usually dictates the terms and conditions of sale and includes the returns policy applicable. When constructing these terms and conditions, it is important to keep the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act (the CPA) in mind, as they apply irrespective of the store refund policy. There are a number of sections in […]
Jordaan And Others V City Of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality And Others – Municipalities can no longer charge new owners for the debts of previous owners
On 29 August 2017, the Constitutional Court handed down judgment in an application for confirmation of an order by the High Court in Pretoria. The issue to be decided, was the meaning and constitutional validity of Section 118(3) of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act 32 of 2000 (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”). This […]
The Financial Intelligence Centre Act, 2001 (FICA) has been the key regulatory tool to protect the integrity of the South African financial system against abuse for illicit purposes like money laundering the proceeds of crime and the financing of terrorism. The FICA Amendment Act No 2 of 2017 (“the Act”) published in the Government Gazette […]
On 31 March 2017, the High Court in Cape Town gave a seminal judgment in the case of Prince v Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development and Others , in which it declared sections of the Drugs and Drug Trafficking Act No. 140 of 1992 (hereinafter referred to as the “Drugs Act”) and the Medicines […]
Great service – very helpful and informative. Thank you.Marina Fysh, Personal Assistant, Cape Town
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019