Introduction The judgment in Women’s Legal Centre Trust v President of the Republic of South Africa and Others, Faro v Bignham N.O. and Others, Esau v Esau and Others 2018 (6) SA 598 (WCC) echoes the decades long frustration of Parties to Muslim Marriages. Women married in terms of Muslim rites and children born […]
Antenuptial contractRSS feed for this section
In the twenty first century many couples are entering into an Antenuptial Contract in order to protect their individual assets and restrict their exposure to liabilities brought on in terms of solemnizing a marriage or civil union in community of property. The specific liabilities one is exposed to as well as the requirements to exercise your rights […]
View our latest slide share here.
Tips for drafting a Antenuptial Contract when you already have a business– RSG Rand en Sent – 27 March 2016
Nicolene Schoeman-Louw was again featured on RSG’s “Rand en Sent” on Sunday, 27 March 2016. Following the discussion with an expert on how to save in today’s economy, she discusses important legal tips for correctly drafting your antenuptial contract for your complete legal protection when you already own a business. Listen to the podcast by […]
THE IMPORTANCE OF AN ANTENUPTIAL AGREEMENT FOR FOREIGN SPOUSES TO AID IN LEGAL CERTAINTY IN CASE OF DIVORCE
Antenuptial contracts set what we believe to be the cornerstones of successful unions. This, although seeming fairly negative, includes easing the process of dissolving the marriage, in either death or divorce. The problem most globe trotters face these days – i.e. when one spouse is living overseas, is that it may become a tedious process […]
The service received was excellent and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Schoemanlaw Inc. to all my friends and family. Thanks for the great service!Ryan Richardson, Cape Town
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- Customary Marriages and the Division of the Joint Estate July 15, 2019
- Law firm Nomination – 5 or more Women Lawyers July 8, 2019
- The Racism Card at Work – Can Falsely Accusing Someone of Racism Warrant Dismissal? June 28, 2019
- Unwanted Direct Marketing and your Right to Refuse June 27, 2019
- Contracts and The Passing of Risk June 27, 2019