Start-ups and small businesses with an annual turnover of R 10 million or less (being an Exempted Micro Enterprises or “EME”) automatically qualify for a Level 4 B-BBEE rating. Businesses with an annual turnover of between R 10 million and R 50 million (being a Qualifying Small Enterprises or “QSE”) have the benefit of enhanced […]
Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Advice and PlanningRSS feed for this section
According to the Department of Trade and Industry (“DTI”), fronting means a deliberate circumvention or attempted circumvention of the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Amendment Act No. 46 of 2013, as amended, (the “Act”) and the Codes. The Act introduced the definition of “fronting”, a concept which had previously been based on the common law criminal concept of […]
Nicolene Schoeman-Louw was interviewed in the Rapport Newspaper, published on 13 August 2017. The piece is about B-B BEE trusts and how to construct them in line with the legislation. It also deals with the consequences where this is not done. <read more>
Understanding Skills Development is no longer only a nice-to-have, it is a necessity for all companies. Skills Development has always been regarded as an important pillar for economic success and stability, however, with practical issues, like a lack of access to funding, facing South Africa, other avenues had to be explored to upskill and bridge […]
The Department of Mineral Resources (“DMR”) has recently released an updated draft of the Reviewed Broad-Based Black-Economic Empowerment Charter for the South African Mining Industry, 2016 (“Reviewed Mining Charter”). The reviewed mining charter provides directives on how mines should transform in order to comply with the revised Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act, No. 53 of […]
We have used Schoemanlaw Inc. for the past year for debt collection and have found them pro-active, professional, reasonable and knowledgeable. As such we have no hesitation in recommending them. It is always been a pleasure to deal with them.Carl Knight, Credit Intel
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019