Introduction One of the critical functions of legal practitioners is to construct court papers (i.e. pleadings etc) in a professional manner, setting out the case they represent. Once this is done to critically assess evidence and to make the necessary amendments, if possible before pleadings close. Another is to consult with witnesses and clients […]
Civil Litigation and Alternative Dispute ResolutionRSS feed for this section
Introduction Objectively speaking, no person must be allowed to get enriched at the expense of another whether by intent or mistake. In principle, when a person has been impoverished without justification, they can institute an action for restitution. South African law provides relief when one person’s estate is enriched at the expense of another. This […]
Introduction When an Employer considers hiring a new Employee, the Employer will always be concerned if the said Employee will be the right fit for the business. To help gain peace of mind, a period of Probation can be utilised to legally ‘test the waters.’ Probation can be best described as a trial period during […]
Introduction One of life’s few certainties is the payment of taxes. Bearing that in mind, we should ensure that we never find ourselves in a predicament to have an outstanding account with the taxman in the first place, which of course, is sound advice. In cases of liquidation, we know that the South African Revenue […]
Introduction Class Actions have for various reasons been a novelty in South Africa, with the unlikely chance of ever reaching the trial phase because of settlements. With the recent outbreak of Listeriosis and a Listeriosis Class Action in the pipeline, this procedural tool “enables a large group of people who have been wronged by someone […]
Thank you so very much for settling our documents in such a speedy and professional manner. We really appreciate it!Eva Dölitzsch-Tatzreither, Businesswoman and Writer, Cape Town
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019