Introduction The Carbon Tax Act 15 of 2019 (the “Act”) was enacted as a result of the increase of greenhouse gas emissions in the atmosphere, which is causing and contributing to global climate change. The Act in its preamble, therefore, aims to contribute to the worldwide effort to stabilise greenhouse gas emissions by employing […]
Commercial lawRSS feed for this section
Introduction It is a well-established principle in South African Law of contract that a party’s obligations are reciprocal, in the majority of contracts concluded. The question is, can a party refuse to perform their contractual obligations on the basis that the other party has not performed properly? To illustrate, by way of a simple example, […]
President Cyril Ramaphosa has signed into law the controversial National Credit Amendment Bill which is aimed at providing relief to over-indebted consumers. The Act has prompted consternation from bodies such as the Banking Association South Africa raising their concerns that some of their customers will get away with not having to repay their debt as […]
Introduction In order to explore the practical application of the piercing of the corporate veil, we need to unpack the nature of the surrounding environment – the company, first. A company can be described as a juristic person that enjoys a separate legal personality, from its members, that has been incorporated in terms of the […]
Introduction As attorneys, we often include dispute resolution provisions in the agreements we draft for our clients. In many instances, alternative dispute resolution is a powerful way in which to resolve an array of different disputes. Advantages include: the confidentiality of the process, often being less formal, and it is generally faster […]
Thank you for your helpful, friendly and diligent service!Linda, Goodwood, Cape Town
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- Mediation – is it an Alternative to Litigation? September 18, 2019
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019