Introduction Land and property development has been on the lips of every South African, with every person from any segment of the country trying to gain interest or protect their interests in property. The notion of owning and having access to land is at the core of identity for many South Africans. It represents achievement, […]
Construction lawRSS feed for this section
Constitutional Court rules that Municipalities should not approve building plans which will devalue your property
Read our feature in The Star Newspaper, published on 17 August 2018.
In any construction job, there will inevitably be the use of subcontractors. The subcontractor is usually appointed by the Contractor to perform a part of the construction works. However, there are times where one finds that their agreement makes reference to a nominated Subcontractor and a Selected Subcontractor. It is important to understand the difference […]
The Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008 (the “CPA”) has been in effect since 2011, however, long before this Act, there have been other legislation around to protect consumers in the building and property law industry. One of these pieces of legislation in construction law in South Africa is known as the Housing Consumers […]
In the construction industry, as with many other industries, guarantees are used as security for the payment of compensation and to secure the performance of the obligations of the employer and/or the contractor in the underlying building contract. In construction contracts, it is far more common to secure the performance of the obligations of the […]
We would like to thank you and your colleagues for the professional and sensitive manner in which you handled our matter. Due to your crisp service and professionalism our (quite complex) court case was successful. We will, without a doubt, recommend you to anyone.Werner Francke (civil engineer) and Michell Francke (financial sector), Cape Town
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- Mediation – is it an Alternative to Litigation? September 18, 2019
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019