Succession planning? As a business owner with a never-ending To Do list, this is often the last thing on your mind. Also known as continuity planning, it is often regarded as an issue reserved for the big corporates. The reality is that whether it is planned or unplanned, complex or simple, succession planning – or […]
Estate PlanningRSS feed for this section
Up until now, many people who are married in community of property have believed that if a property is left to them in a will (only one of the two spouses), it is untouchable and cannot be attached to settle outstanding debts. Allen West, chief deeds trainer in Pretoria investigated this phenomenon and had the […]
The core idea of the trust is the separation of ownership (or control) from the enjoyment. Though a trustee can also be a beneficiary, the central notion is that the person entrusted with control exercises it on behalf of and in the interests of another. This is why the sole trustee cannot also be the […]
The Antenuptial contract excludes a marriage in community of property and may include the application of the accrual system, or not. Where a marriage includes the application of the accrual system the accrual is calculated at dissolution of the marriage, either by death or divorce. Thus, it is of the utmost importance that your estate planning makes provision for a […]
Estate planning is a wide field and involves the overall structuring of a person’s wealth through marital contracts, wills, trusts and business planning. Careful planning and drafting of documents and contracts can affect a person’s ability to create and sustain hard earned prosperity. Rich or poor, everyone needs to plan their estates. It can be […]
The service received was excellent and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Schoemanlaw Inc. to all my friends and family. Thanks for the great service!Ryan Richardson, Cape Town
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019