Introduction It is often scary to think about the future wellbeing of one’s children and/or grandchildren, once you no longer around. Individuals tend to ensure that their children and/or grandchildren are protected and catered for in their Last Will and Testaments. But what is the position when it comes to unborn children? Are they entitled […]
Execution of Wills and Administration of EstatesRSS feed for this section
Not all rules and regulations are governed by written Legislation. The Constitution of South Africa recognises unwritten “Legislation” namely, Common and Customary Law. Customary Law is defined as: “An established system of immemorial rules which has evolved from the way of life and natural wants of the people, the general context of which was a […]
Section 2C (1) of the Wills Act declared invalid by the Constitutional Court – The effect on polygamous Muslim Marriages
Section 2C (1) of the Wills Act 7 of 1953 as amended (hereinafter referred to as the “Wills Act”), previously prevented surviving spouses who entered into polygamous Muslim marriages, in terms of Muslims rites only, from inheriting repudiated shares of a deceased’s estate. In September 2017, the High Court of South Africa, Western Cape Division, […]
We all have read and heard somewhere in our lives of the importance of a Will. However, we have not heard the reasons as to why we need to make provision for a testamentary trust in our Wills. As we are celebrating Youth Month in June, we are now more aware than ever before that […]
What seemed to be a completely foreign concept just a few years ago, is now a reality for most investors. Cryptocurrency is a virtual form of money that is protected by indestructible Cryptography which makes it a secure way to store wealth and investments. Cryptocurrencies are unique in the sense that their blockchain technology is […]
Thank you so very much for settling our documents in such a speedy and professional manner. We really appreciate it!Eva Dölitzsch-Tatzreither, Businesswoman and Writer, Cape Town
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- Mediation – is it an Alternative to Litigation? September 18, 2019
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019