Introduction When traveling or emigrating to a country abroad, one would at some point in time come across requirements provided by legalisation, authentication and/or apostillisation and which requirements need to be complied with. But what is the difference between the three? This article will explain the difference when public documents from South Africa are used […]
Notarial PracticeRSS feed for this section
Introduction Today, many South Africans are leaving the country and often find love whilst abroad. It has also become quite common for South Africans to decide to come back home to tie the knot and make it official in the presence of their loved ones and close friends. Since Antenuptial Contracts are essential documents that, […]
In the twenty first century many couples are entering into an Antenuptial Contract in order to protect their individual assets and restrict their exposure to liabilities brought on in terms of solemnizing a marriage or civil union in community of property. The specific liabilities one is exposed to as well as the requirements to exercise your rights […]
Securing credit is a very sensitive subject as most South Africans have fallen into the trap of loaning money to a friend, family members, a colleague or a business partner with the promise of receiving the full amount plus interest back, in no time. However, the real world is not that simple, and it is […]
In short, the authentication by a notary of the signature on a document will be required where the document is signed in one country for use in another, accordingly, by authenticating a document the notary will attest to the authenticity of the signatory who signed the document in his/her presence. The most important factor to […]
The service received was excellent and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Schoemanlaw Inc. to all my friends and family. Thanks for the great service!Ryan Richardson, Cape Town
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019