We have been shortlisted as one of 90 out of 450 applicants to join the HiiL Justice Accelerator in the Innovating Justice Challenge. HiiL (The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law) find, and support the best justice innovations in a region or country. HiiL (The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law) is a social enterprise […]
NewsRSS feed for this section
President Cyril Ramaphosa has signed into law the controversial National Credit Amendment Bill which is aimed at providing relief to over-indebted consumers. The Act has prompted consternation from bodies such as the Banking Association South Africa raising their concerns that some of their customers will get away with not having to repay their debt as […]
We were honoured last night at the WOZA Women in law awards to win in two of the three nominated categories, we were nominated in! Thank you WOZA, what an honour! Congratulations – SchoemanLaw Inc – Winner in the category 6+ women Lawyers 2019 Congratulations – Nicolene Schoeman-Louw – Runner-up Best Practicing Corporate Law Attorney […]
Finalist: 2019 Standard Bank Top Woman Awards – Female Young Achiever Award and Top Gender Empowered Company
We are a finalist for the 2019 Standard Bank Top Woman Awards in the Top Female Young Achiever Award (Nicolene Schoeman-Louw) as well as the Top Gender Empowered Company: Diversity & Inclusion Award categories. Over the past 16 years, we have been committed to creating the best platform for the recognition of women leaders and […]
A matter came before the National Consumer Tribunal (the NCT) where JMK Loans were using applicants’ childcare and foster grants as proof of income in their credit applications. The evidence showed that JMK Loans extended credit to consumers who received child support and foster care social grants. The purpose of the childcare and foster grants was […]
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- Mediation – is it an Alternative to Litigation? September 18, 2019
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
SHARE OUR INSIGHTS
The members of our firm are respected academic writers, besides this page / website, they also write for a number of legal, business and mainstream publications.
Such as De Rebus (SA attorney’s journal), Without Prejudice, Entrepreneur magazine, Spice4Life, Polity, find an attorney.co.za, Xtraordinary Women , BizConnect , Personal Finance Magazine and The Star Newspaper.
We also publish our own online newsletter that keeps you up-to-date with news from the legal world – and SchoemanLaw Inc.