We have been shortlisted as one of 90 out of 450 applicants to join the HiiL Justice Accelerator in the Innovating Justice Challenge. HiiL (The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law) find, and support the best justice innovations in a region or country. HiiL (The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law) is a social enterprise […]
Tech LawRSS feed for this section
According to the Gartner 2018 State of the Legal Function Survey, 43% of the companies surveyed expected to increase their expenditure on Legal IT Systems or Software by 10% or more over the following three years. This next step in business technology has been taken seriously by some bigger companies with recent developments occurring to […]
Introduction In the last few years, the tech boom has been changing the traditional norms of society, affecting everything from how we travel to how we handle our personal or business affairs. Considering how influential it has become, the Government has been placing importance on moving towards tech regulation. Regulation would support the growth of […]
Introduction During the first quarter of 2018, Parliament’s National Assembly passed the Electronic Deeds Registration Systems Bill (hereinafter referred to as the “Bill”), which was originally published by the Minister of Rural Development and Land Reform on 7 December 2017. The Bill was tabled as far back as 2017 and proposes some significant changes for […]
Introduction Applications (“apps”) have become very popular in the last ten years, especially on mobile phones. It is a booming industry where Developers create apps to help our smart phones do more. As an App Developer, it is important to have the right legal agreements discussed below in place before you go live with your […]
The service received was excellent and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Schoemanlaw Inc. to all my friends and family. Thanks for the great service!Ryan Richardson, Cape Town
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019