This October SchoemanLaw piloted our internship programme. The aim of the programme is to give dynamic, newly qualified attorneys the opportunity to gain practical experience in a reputable tech-enabled commercial law firm. Furthermore, to recruit the coming term’s candidate attorneys.
The interns gained experience in the following during the week of 22 to 26 October 2018:
- Conduct academic research and opinion writing;
- Draft various formal letters;
- Assist in reviewing and editing various Contracts and legal documents;
- Drafted Pleadings and tended to index and pagination;
- On-site training on our legal automation and online legal services platform;
- Attended Legal Project Management Training presented by Avuka Training.
From this year’s interns 3 will form part of the 2019 / 2020 candidate attorney group. The reveal and announcement on who will be joining us will follow in the coming week.