Read our feature in The Star Newspaper, published on 30 August 2018.
The Minister of Telecommunications and Postal Services has, with effect from earlier this month, on 10 November 2017, officially amended the regulations in respect of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002, as amended (hereinafter the “ECT Act”). These amendments have been substantially influenced by the United […]
South Africa is seeking a more cost and time effective resolution in resolving disputes. Society has become prone to institute legal action, or threaten to institute legal action, against another individual, without knowing the extent of law applicable. As a result, the legal system in South Africa is experiencing large backlogs in case management at […]
The Community Schemes Ombud Service (“CSOS”) has been in operation since October 2016, and has since then been accepting disputes regarding sectional title schemes. The public however has not had the opportunity to gain its confidence in the CSOC completely, and I believe this will come with time. The Community Schemes Ombud Services Act No. […]
Building disputes happen fairly often and, in many cases, when not settled, end up before an arbitrator due to the provisions of the type of building contract entered into. Sometimes, even before a court of law. The main reason behind this seems to be two-fold. Firstly, due to the fact that most construction work involves […]
Thank you so very much for settling our documents in such a speedy and professional manner. We really appreciate it!Eva Dölitzsch-Tatzreither, Businesswoman and Writer, Cape Town
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- Customary Marriages and the Division of the Joint Estate July 15, 2019
- Law firm Nomination – 5 or more Women Lawyers July 8, 2019
- The Racism Card at Work – Can Falsely Accusing Someone of Racism Warrant Dismissal? June 28, 2019
- Unwanted Direct Marketing and your Right to Refuse June 27, 2019
- Contracts and The Passing of Risk June 27, 2019