Introduction Can a shareholder claim for the loss he or she suffered as a result of diminution in the value of his or her shares? This is the question the Supreme Court of Appeal had to answer in the case of Itzikowitz v Absa Bank Ltd (20729/2014)  ZASCA 43. Facts The facts of the […]
Introduction The Rental Housing Amendment Act (hereafter “the Act”), Act 35 of 2014, has been assented to parliament and signed by the President. The date when the Act will come into operation is yet to be announced. In the meantime, it is important that members of the public and practitioners take note of the amendments. […]
What does the construction law say? Additional and or extra work done in the course of construction.
In the South African construction industry the commonly known Joint Buildings Contract Committee (JBCC) agreements have become the standard form for agreements used in the construction industry in South Africa. The agreements are written in plain language and therefore can be understood by laymen in the construction industry. This is a great advantage. These agreements have […]
In practice as attorneys, we often hear clients ask why they should spend any money to have a contact drafted professionally, when they can simply download a template from the internet. Or obtain a very low cost template from their local news agency. As with all things in life that are for free there is […]
In South African commercial law the Companies Act, Act 71 of 2008 (hereafter “the Act”), provides various remedies for the protection of minority shareholders. This article will focus on one such remedy provided in section 164 of the Act, being the dissenting shareholder’s appraisal right. In short section 164 allows a dissenting shareholder to elect […]
You have been wonderful in replying and giving a very professional product.Mokgatle Mokgatle, Hildebrant Attorneys
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- Is any dispute referable to Arbitration? August 19, 2019
- Curbing Abuse of the Sick Leave System August 19, 2019
- What is business rescue? August 17, 2019
- Winners at WOZA – Women in law Awards 2019! August 5, 2019
- Finalist: 2019 Standard Bank Top Woman Awards – Female Young Achiever Award and Top Gender Empowered Company August 2, 2019