The amended Codes of Good Practice to the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act 46 of 2013 as amended were issued in October 2013 and became effective in May 2015. On 29 March 2018, the Department of Trade and Industry issued two draft statements which deals with certain amendments to the Codes, specifically related to statement […]
Understanding Skills Development is no longer only a nice-to-have, it is a necessity for all companies. Skills Development has always been regarded as an important pillar for economic success and stability, however, with practical issues, like a lack of access to funding, facing South Africa, other avenues had to be explored to upskill and bridge […]
The BBBEE Amended Codes of Good Practice came into law on 1 May 2015 (already) and it has made fundamental changes to our current BBBEE regulations. All businesses should speedily assess the impact of these changes on their BBBEE rating/status and generally on their business going forward. Not only has the amount of BBBEE points […]
In the previous editions we dealt with the three elements of the revised Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) Codes (Codes) , namely Ownership, Management and Control and Enterprise and Supplier Development (“ESD”). In this edition we shall look at the Skills Development (“SD”) element.
In the previous editions we dealt with the other two elements of the revised Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) Codes (Codes), namely Ownership and Management and Control. In this edition we deal with the so-called “new” element of the Codes: Enterprise and Supplier Development (“ESD”).
Thank you so very much for settling our documents in such a speedy and professional manner. We really appreciate it!Eva Dölitzsch-Tatzreither, Businesswoman and Writer, Cape Town
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019