Read our feature in The Star Newspaper, published on 9 June 2017.
As many of you are aware, the announcement by the President of the Republic of South Africa, Jacob Zuma, on Thursday, 30 March 2017, regarding cabinet reshuffling, caused a great uproar in communities all over South Africa. One community in particular created the “#BlackMonday” movement, captioning on their website “our souls are not for sale”. […]
By accepting their appointment to the position, directors imply that they will perform their duties to a certain standard, and it is a reasonable assumption that every director will apply his or her particular skills, experience and intelligence to the advantage of the company. Section 76 of the Companies Act No. 71 of 2008 (“the […]
Nicolene Schoeman-Louw was again featured on RSG’s “Rand en Sent” on Sunday, 29 May 2016. Following the discussion on electronic vehicles and how it will change the motor insurance industry and the premiums we pay monthly, she discusses the importance of choosing the right business partner for your company and how to go about making this tough decision. Listen […]
In our last month’s edition we provided a summary of some of the salient features of the Revised Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Codes of Good Practice (“Codes”). We mentioned that the elements have now been reduced from seven to five. In this month’s edition we look at one of these five element: Ownership. Together with […]
Nicolene Schoeman - Louw’s professionalism and quest for the right service at the right time distinguishes her as an excellent support to our business. Her turnaround time iro the legal fraternity is unique, and critical to our business. What she promises, she delivers.Dr Michèlle Booysen, Pètanque Consultancy (Pty) Ltd, Cape Town
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- What is business rescue? August 17, 2019
- Winners at WOZA – Women in law Awards 2019! August 5, 2019
- Finalist: 2019 Standard Bank Top Woman Awards – Female Young Achiever Award and Top Gender Empowered Company August 2, 2019
- The offer to purchase is a binding agreement! July 31, 2019
- Labour brokers and temporary employment services: what are they? July 31, 2019