Introduction In order to explore the practical application of the piercing of the corporate veil, we need to unpack the nature of the surrounding environment – the company, first. A company can be described as a juristic person that enjoys a separate legal personality, from its members, that has been incorporated in terms of the […]
As many of you are aware, the announcement by the President of the Republic of South Africa, Jacob Zuma, on Thursday, 30 March 2017, regarding cabinet reshuffling, caused a great uproar in communities all over South Africa. One community in particular created the “#BlackMonday” movement, captioning on their website “our souls are not for sale”. […]
By accepting their appointment to the position, directors imply that they will perform their duties to a certain standard, and it is a reasonable assumption that every director will apply his or her particular skills, experience and intelligence to the advantage of the company. Section 76 of the Companies Act No. 71 of 2008 (“the […]
We are very honoured that our Ms Schoeman has been nominated and is a finalist in this year’s prestigious Regional Business Achiever Awards (RBAA). Hosted by the Businesswomen’s Association (BWA), the awards are designed to applaud and celebrate the achievements of some of South African’s most successful businesswomen. The awards ceremony and breakfast will be […]
I am very fortunate to be associated with a professional outfit as yourselves. Thank you. I have only met with diligent service delivery from your offices and have no doubt that your brief to counsel has been a testimony of precision and completeness.Advocate Grant Smith, Member of the Cape Bar
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019