Generally speaking, the shareholders of a company share in the profits of the Company whilst directors manage the day to day business of the Company. It is also commonly accepted that shares (or shareholding in a company) represent the investment made by the shareholder and that similar to earning interest on an investment of money […]
Which foreign companies should register as external companies? What are the requirements of registration and what are the ramifications if the company fails to register? In terms of the Companies Act of 2008 (the “Act”), a foreign company is distinguished from an external company by the nature of its registration requirements. A foreign company is […]
The new Companies Act 71 of 2008, replaces the Companies Act of 1973, will result in significant changes to Company law in South Africa. Some aspects of interest were published in an article by Michael Katz in De Rebus, January / February 2010 : <read more> There are many medicines. Certain medicines are popular. […]
I am very fortunate to be associated with a professional outfit as yourselves. Thank you. I have only met with diligent service delivery from your offices and have no doubt that your brief to counsel has been a testimony of precision and completeness.Advocate Grant Smith, Member of the Cape Bar
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019