Introduction A situation that almost every consumer has experienced has been that of receiving an unwanted phone call from a telemarketer. The conversation is carried out with the intention of selling you a product or service and is essentially a sales pitch. As a consumer, do you know your rights to refuse your information being […]
A supplier of goods usually dictates the terms and conditions of sale and includes the returns policy applicable. When constructing these terms and conditions, it is important to keep the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act (the CPA) in mind, as they apply irrespective of the store refund policy. There are a number of sections in […]
Immovable property has become a sought after asset in the debt recovery process. An applicant (the person who the money is owed to) may apply to the court for a Warrant of Execution (also called a Writ for short) after a judgment has been granted against the debtor to pay the amount owed. This warrant, […]
Terminating a commercial lease agreement prematurely does not have to be as complicated as one would expect. Due to various unexpected circumstances or events, it sometimes happens that a company or individual is unable to continue performance under the requirements of the agreement. A commercial lease will naturally have stricter termination regulations in terms of the […]
On the 3 October 2014, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) published the draft code of conduct for the consumer goods and services industry in Notice 850, Government Gazette 38058 for public comment. The deadline for comments is said to be the 3 November 2014.
Thank you so very much for settling our documents in such a speedy and professional manner. We really appreciate it!Eva Dölitzsch-Tatzreither, Businesswoman and Writer, Cape Town
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- What is business rescue? August 17, 2019
- Winners at WOZA – Women in law Awards 2019! August 5, 2019
- Finalist: 2019 Standard Bank Top Woman Awards – Female Young Achiever Award and Top Gender Empowered Company August 2, 2019
- The offer to purchase is a binding agreement! July 31, 2019
- Labour brokers and temporary employment services: what are they? July 31, 2019