Introduction A situation that almost every consumer has experienced has been that of receiving an unwanted phone call from a telemarketer. The conversation is carried out with the intention of selling you a product or service and is essentially a sales pitch. As a consumer, do you know your rights to refuse your information being […]
Spam email, Sales calls – Enough to drive anyone mad! What should you know as a business owner on the giving end?
The Consumer Protection Act No 68 of 2008, as amended (CPA), is an important feature in South African commercial law and provides for the establishment of an “Opt-Out Registry”. As we speak, this is being ironed out by the National Consumer Commission (the NCC). This could mean that consumers that do not want to be […]
Legally direct marketing is defined as an approach to a person either in person or by mail or electronic communication, for the direct or indirect purpose of promoting, offering to supply, in the ordinary course of business any goods or services or to request a donation of any kind. Direct marketing can take various forms: cellular […]
The Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) has introduced significant restrictions on the way suppliers are permitted to market goods and services to consumers. The CPA is designed to protect consumers from before they enter into a transaction and even if they do not ultimately transact with the supplier. Given its breadth, the CPA […]
We would like to thank you and your colleagues for the professional and sensitive manner in which you handled our matter. Due to your crisp service and professionalism our (quite complex) court case was successful. We will, without a doubt, recommend you to anyone.Werner Francke (civil engineer) and Michell Francke (financial sector), Cape Town
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- Is any dispute referable to Arbitration? August 19, 2019
- Curbing Abuse of the Sick Leave System August 19, 2019
- What is business rescue? August 17, 2019
- Winners at WOZA – Women in law Awards 2019! August 5, 2019
- Finalist: 2019 Standard Bank Top Woman Awards – Female Young Achiever Award and Top Gender Empowered Company August 2, 2019