Introduction The Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (hereafter referred to as “CCMA”) was established so that Employees will have a forum whereby they can refer their disputes to. The CCMA would then attempt by conciliating, mediating and arbitrating to resolve the dispute between the Employees and their Employers. The CCMA Rules determine the time […]
Introduction January is when everyone draws up a list of New Year’s Resolutions that they personally want to achieve during the year. It can be based on lessons learnt from the previous year or what they want to achieve this year.Why should it only be confined to personal matters? Why can’t Employers and Employees decide […]
Introduction During this time of the year many Employees and Employers are struggling with extreme exhaustion and in some cases are even on the brink of burn-out. This becomes problematic when these exhausted Employees do not have any annual leave left to apply for. Some Employees would then arrange “a paid-for holiday” for themselves by […]
Introduction The right to strike has been contentious for many years. Many argue that it gives Employees too much power over their Employers. Many Employers succumb to the pressure placed upon then by their striking Employees by agreeing to demands that are not sustainable. How would one then go about balancing the rights of Employees […]
#WOMENSMONTH – Part Two Series: Sexual Harassment in the work place – Guiding Principles for Employers!
In part one of this two-part article series published on 3 August 2018, readers were informed of how common it is for female Employees to fall victim to Sexual Harassment in the workplace. This is due to the fact that women are often too afraid to speak up or break the silence out of fear […]
We have used Schoemanlaw Inc. for the past year for debt collection and have found them pro-active, professional, reasonable and knowledgeable. As such we have no hesitation in recommending them. It is always been a pleasure to deal with them.Carl Knight, Credit Intel
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- Customary Marriages and the Division of the Joint Estate July 15, 2019
- Law firm Nomination – 5 or more Women Lawyers July 8, 2019
- The Racism Card at Work – Can Falsely Accusing Someone of Racism Warrant Dismissal? June 28, 2019
- Unwanted Direct Marketing and your Right to Refuse June 27, 2019
- Contracts and The Passing of Risk June 27, 2019