Introduction In the area of insurance law, the doctrine of subrogation can be best described as an insurer claiming against a third party for an insured loss suffered by an insured person. The claim against the third party would be on behalf of the insured and not in the insurer’s capacity. The doctrine is […]
Introduction Once the South African Revenue Services (‘SARS’) issues your business with a penalty relating to your Value Added Tax (‘VAT’) or Corporate Income Tax Returns (‘CIT’), would the Tax Court be able to increase such penalties if they are of the opinion that SARS were too lenient? The recently decided case of Purlish Holdings […]
According to the Gartner 2018 State of the Legal Function Survey, 43% of the companies surveyed expected to increase their expenditure on Legal IT Systems or Software by 10% or more over the following three years. This next step in business technology has been taken seriously by some bigger companies with recent developments occurring to […]
Introduction In the last few years, the tech boom has been changing the traditional norms of society, affecting everything from how we travel to how we handle our personal or business affairs. Considering how influential it has become, the Government has been placing importance on moving towards tech regulation. Regulation would support the growth of […]
Introduction In South Africa, importance is placed on an individual’s ability to act in appreciation of the consequences of their actions. It is because of this general outlook that there are different legal limitations placed on a person’s ability to contract, which will be discussed below. It is important to understand these limitations as contracting […]
We would like to thank you and your colleagues for the professional and sensitive manner in which you handled our matter. Due to your crisp service and professionalism our (quite complex) court case was successful. We will, without a doubt, recommend you to anyone.Werner Francke (civil engineer) and Michell Francke (financial sector), Cape Town
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019