In the case of Plaaskem (Pty) Ltd v Nippon Africa Chemicals (Pty) Ltd, the parties entered into a written contract on 25 February 2005 wherein the appellant was contracted to distribute imported agricultural products and then pay the respondent the amount owing as the respondent had a relationship with a Japanese manufacturer of the products. […]
Promotion of Equality and Prevention of Unfair Discrimination Act 4 of 2000: Designation of Magistrates Courts as Equality Courts
In terms of Government Notice 38411 dated 22 January 2015, the Minister of Justice and Correctional Services, with effect from 1 December 2014, varied the Government Notice No. R 859 of 28 August 2009 by designating all magistrates courts mentioned in the Schedule as equality courts, in terms of section 16(1)(c)(i) of the said Act. […]
It’s that time of year where you’ve just landed a new job and your new employer has provided you with a new employment contract to sign. Before signing the employment contract and celebrating it, it is important to understand the contents of your employment contract. Broadly speaking an employment contract is: A voluntary agreement; Between […]
The Labour Relations Amendment Act 6 of 2014 came into operation on 1 January 2015 with the exception of Section 37 (c). South African businesses will now have to not only comply with the new obligations created in terms of the LRAA but also adjust the way in which they have traditionally employed and managed […]
In terms of section 129 of the National Credit Act of 2005 (“the Act”) it states that: “if a consumer is in default under a credit agreement, the credit provider: a) May draw the default to the notice of the consumer in writing and propose that the consumer refer the credit agreement to a debt […]
We have used Schoemanlaw Inc. for the past year for debt collection and have found them pro-active, professional, reasonable and knowledgeable. As such we have no hesitation in recommending them. It is always been a pleasure to deal with them.Carl Knight, Credit Intel
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- Mediation – is it an Alternative to Litigation? September 18, 2019
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019