Immigration Directive No 43 of 2010 was withdrawn on the 24 February 2014 by the Department of Home Affairs. This Directive allowed foreigners to travel in and out of the Republic of South Africa on expired temporary residence permits with the original (Acknowledgement of) Receipt as proof that an application has been submitted and was […]
A Change in Regulations – Affecting How Foreign Nationals Travel In and Out of SA Whilst Awaiting Outcome of Their Permit Applications
In terms of Rule 25 of the Rules for the Conduct of Proceedings before the CCMA, legal practitioners are excluded from the CCMA conciliation proceedings. However, in terms of the CCMA arbitration proceedings a party to a dispute may appear in person or may be represented by a legal practitioner. The right to legal representation […]
The Legal Practice Bill has attracted a lot of attention both from members of the legal profession and the media. This is reflected in the debates and discussions that took place on the draft legislation and the submissions which were made to parliament in relation thereto. Some in the legal profession have argued that the […]
The purpose of this article is to clarify the circumstances under which a director of a company may be removed within the provisions of the Companies Act, No 71 of 2008 (hereafter ‘the Act’). A ‘director’ is defined in section 1 of the Act as ‘a member of the board of a company, as contemplated […]
On 27 January 2014 the President of the Republic of South Africa assented to the Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Amendment Act 46 of 2013 (‘the Amended Act’), issued under Government Gazette No. 37271. The Amended Act has drawn various reactions as some criticised its interference with businesses while others welcomed it with open arms. […]
I will without a doubt use or recommend Schoemanlaw Inc. again in future!C Matthysen, Businessman, Cape Town
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- Mediation – is it an Alternative to Litigation? September 18, 2019
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019