Introduction Applications (“apps”) have become very popular in the last ten years, especially on mobile phones. It is a booming industry where Developers create apps to help our smart phones do more. As an App Developer, it is important to have the right legal agreements discussed below in place before you go live with your […]
Read our feature in The Star Newspaper, published on 21 September 2018.
Spam email, Sales calls – Enough to drive anyone mad! What should you know as a business owner on the giving end?
The Consumer Protection Act No 68 of 2008, as amended (CPA), is an important feature in South African commercial law and provides for the establishment of an “Opt-Out Registry”. As we speak, this is being ironed out by the National Consumer Commission (the NCC). This could mean that consumers that do not want to be […]
Due to technological advances, paper based transactions are on the decline in corporate commercial law. Communication and agreements reached are more often recorded on email. What is more, many documents are not only created digitally, but are signed and stored electronically. So how are you dealing with your data management, its related privacy considerations or, […]
Discussing the new Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) – RSG Rand en Sent – 5 February 2017
Nicolene Schoeman-Louw was again featured on RSG’s “Rand en Sent” on Sunday, 5 February 2017. Following the discussion on the best retirement products on the market and how your debt councillor can assist you with your debt storm, she discusses the new Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) and what affect it will have on natural […]
We would like to thank you and your colleagues for the professional and sensitive manner in which you handled our matter. Due to your crisp service and professionalism our (quite complex) court case was successful. We will, without a doubt, recommend you to anyone.Werner Francke (civil engineer) and Michell Francke (financial sector), Cape Town
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- Customary Marriages and the Division of the Joint Estate July 15, 2019
- Law firm Nomination – 5 or more Women Lawyers July 8, 2019
- The Racism Card at Work – Can Falsely Accusing Someone of Racism Warrant Dismissal? June 28, 2019
- Unwanted Direct Marketing and your Right to Refuse June 27, 2019
- Contracts and The Passing of Risk June 27, 2019