Introduction The purchase of property, especially for first-time buyers, may seem riddled with legalities and leaves the buyer with many questions around their rights, what they are entitled to ask and uncertainty about their responsibilities to the seller. Understanding the impact of the offer to purchase on the transaction will ensure that the buyer feels […]
Introduction In a difficult economy, it is seemingly more and more common that commercial agreements require a personal surety from one or more of the directors of a company and often that friends or family seek the assistance of someone to act as surety for credit agreements. Often person’s don’t understand the implications of agreeing […]
Introduction A defect is considered latent if it was not visible or discoverable upon reasonable inspection and the Purchaser was unaware of the defect. Though a latent defect may be present, it may not always amount to a breach of contract and the Seller in most instances remains victorious when the Purchaser wishes to cancel […]
Constitutional Court rules that Municipalities should not approve building plans which will devalue your property
Introduction Land and property development has been on the lips of every South African, with every person from any segment of the country trying to gain interest or protect their interests in property. The notion of owning and having access to land is at the core of identity for many South Africans. It represents achievement, […]
Introduction It is common for people to become registered owners of Immovable Property during their respective lifetimes. However, what happens to the Immovable Property when these individuals pass away? In South Africa, when the registered owner of Immovable Property has died, his/her property will need to be transferred to another person. Most registered owners die […]
Informed, coherent and helpful. Just what we were looking for in an attorney!Sigrid Kenmuir, Marketing Assistant, Cape Town
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019