The Sectional Title Scheme Management Act 8 of 2011 (hereinafter referred to as “STSMA”) brought significant changes to what would constitute a quorum for a general meeting of a Body Corporate in Sectional Titles Scheme. A general meeting of the Body Corporate is required to be held annually. The Body Corporate is made up of […]
The Ability to Constitute Quorum at a General Meeting of a Body Corporate and the limitation of Proxys
Proxy Representation – The Supreme Court of Appeal’s interpretation of Section 58(1) and 58(3)(C) of the Companies Act, 71 of 2008
As most practitioners are aware, especially those who deal with the drafting of Shareholders Agreements or even Memoranda of Incorporation, we usually insert quite a lengthy clause dealing specifically with proxies, their appointment, their right to vote, etc. I don’t believe many practitioners (be it attorneys, auditors, or advisors) have ever given much thought to […]
I am very fortunate to be associated with a professional outfit as yourselves. Thank you. I have only met with diligent service delivery from your offices and have no doubt that your brief to counsel has been a testimony of precision and completeness.Advocate Grant Smith, Member of the Cape Bar
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019