Introduction The question of whether an individual can dispose of their Immoveable Property if they are no longer in possession of the original Title Deed was briefly discussed in my article published on the 14th of January 2019 If a Title Deed has been lost or destroyed due to circumstances beyond control, Regulation 68(1) […]
Lost or Destroyed Title Deeds – Amendment to Regulation 68(1) of The Deeds Registries Act 47 of 1937
Can you dispose of your Immoveable Property if you are no longer in possession of the original Title Deed?
Introduction In South Africa, Immoveable property may not be transferred to another party unless the original Title Deed is lodged with the Registrar of Deeds. Now what happens if the Title Deed has been lost or destroyed due to circumstances beyond control? In terms of Regulation 68(1) of the Deeds Registries Act 47 of 1937, […]
Introduction Today, many South Africans are leaving the country and often find love whilst abroad. It has also become quite common for South Africans to decide to come back home to tie the knot and make it official in the presence of their loved ones and close friends. Since Antenuptial Contracts are essential documents that, […]
Introduction Today, more and more people are purchasing immovable property in South Africa. The transfer process, from acceptance of the offer to registration, should roughly take three to four months depending on the terms and conditions on the Sale Agreement or alternatively the type of sale. No transfer can be lodged in the Deeds Office until all […]
#WOMENSMONTH – Part Two Series: Sexual Harassment in the work place – Guiding Principles for Employers!
In part one of this two-part article series published on 3 August 2018, readers were informed of how common it is for female Employees to fall victim to Sexual Harassment in the workplace. This is due to the fact that women are often too afraid to speak up or break the silence out of fear […]
I will without a doubt use or recommend Schoemanlaw Inc. again in future!C Matthysen, Businessman, Cape Town
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- Customary Marriages and the Division of the Joint Estate July 15, 2019
- Law firm Nomination – 5 or more Women Lawyers July 8, 2019
- The Racism Card at Work – Can Falsely Accusing Someone of Racism Warrant Dismissal? June 28, 2019
- Unwanted Direct Marketing and your Right to Refuse June 27, 2019
- Contracts and The Passing of Risk June 27, 2019