Not all rules and regulations are governed by written Legislation. The Constitution of South Africa recognises unwritten “Legislation” namely, Common and Customary Law. Customary Law is defined as: “An established system of immemorial rules which has evolved from the way of life and natural wants of the people, the general context of which was a […]
What seemed to be a completely foreign concept just a few years ago, is now a reality for most investors. Cryptocurrency is a virtual form of money that is protected by indestructible Cryptography which makes it a secure way to store wealth and investments. Cryptocurrencies are unique in the sense that their blockchain technology is […]
Foreign marriages: knowing your marital status when married in another country, with regard to conveyancing and estate planning
Marriages and civil unions in South Africa are governed by different marital property regimes which directly impact property ownership. These are either in or out of community of property. In South Africa, when executing an antenuptial agreement, or prenuptial agreement as termed in other countries (also known as a prenupt or prenup) the marriage is […]
Schoeman Attorneys celebrated their anniversary on 1 September 2010! We will however continue to celebrate throughout the month of September 2010 by inter alia, taking part in the National Wills week 2010. This pro bono initiative offers members of the general public an opportunity to have a basic will drafted by a professional, free of […]
You have been wonderful in replying and giving a very professional product.Mokgatle Mokgatle, Hildebrant Attorneys
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019