What seemed to be a completely foreign concept just a few years ago, is now a reality for most investors. Cryptocurrency is a virtual form of money that is protected by indestructible Cryptography which makes it a secure way to store wealth and investments. Cryptocurrencies are unique in the sense that their blockchain technology is […]
Traditionally, women have been denied rights to property under the South African Customary Law of Succession as women were under the guardianship of the male in the family and did not have the legal capacity to either own or acquire property. The customary rule was that succession is governed by the principle of male primogeniture, […]
Despite the skepticism with which they are viewed by SARS and the ever-tightening regulatory environment, trusts remain invaluable tools in estate planning. Especially if they are setup to serve a well-planned and predefined purpose. Another misconception, is that once you have setup a trust no amendment is ever needed in future, or that the […]
The process of claiming from a deceased’s estate can be a daunting exercise for surviving family members, especially if the deceased was the sole bread-winner. Family members are often under the impression that, once there is a death in the family, the estate of the deceased will be released within a short period of time to […]
In South Africa the Master’s Office (the statutory body dealing with the deceased’s estate) will not accept a Will as valid if it does not comply with the formal requirements as set out in the Wills Act 7 of 1953 (hereafter referred to as “the Act”). The legal formalities for a Will to be valid […]
We would like to thank you and your colleagues for the professional and sensitive manner in which you handled our matter. Due to your crisp service and professionalism our (quite complex) court case was successful. We will, without a doubt, recommend you to anyone.Werner Francke (civil engineer) and Michell Francke (financial sector), Cape Town
RADIO AND WEBINARS
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Rand en Sent on RSG. If you missed us download the podcasts by clicking here.
Our attorneys are featured regularly on Labour Hour on Radio 786, Tuesday evenings at 21:00. If you missed us be sure to tune in next time by clicking here.
If you missed our follow up interview on 22 June 2018, listen to the interview here
If you missed us unpacking NDAs with our Nicolene Schoeman – Louw and the SME Movement, download the podcast here. Alternatively, if you missed the episode on Smart Contracts, download the podcast here or B-BBEE, download the podcast here.
Let’s Talk video series:
- The co-operative as an appropriate form of enterprise for black economic empowerment September 1, 2008
- National Wills Week 2008 September 6, 2008
- The co-operative as an appropriate enterprise for BEE [abstract] October 1, 2008
- Spring Fab Bridal Show 2008 November 3, 2008
- Immigration services and travel permits January 5, 2009
- The Carbon Tax Act September 16, 2019
- Living and Conducting your Business with minimal risk September 10, 2019
- ENAC: Can a party withhold their own performance where the other party has failed to perform? September 9, 2019
- The Case of Debt Review- Can Consumer Exit Debt Review Early? September 7, 2019
- SchoemanLaw’s SME Self-Service Desk is shortlisted! September 5, 2019