Travelling with minor children? The impact of the new requirement for travelling with an unabridged birth certificate has on tourism…

immigration picThe Department of Home Affairs, South Africa, has recently issued new requirements for travelling with minor children. The news has been flooded with unsuspecting tourists entering into South Africa without the necessary documentation and potentially facing deportation. Whilst South Africans wishing to travel internationally face the Department of Home Affairs backlog in issuing unabridged birth certificates.


As of 1 June 2015 the following rules apply:

  1. Both parents travelling with a child must produce an unabridged birth certificate of the child reflecting the particulars of both parents of the child.
  2. If one parent is travelling alone with the child in addition to the unabridged birth certificate, the parent must obtain written consent from other parent in the form of affidavit or produce a court order granting full parental rights and responsibilities to the child. This consent affidavit must not be older than 3 months.
  3. If the child is travelling alone with a person who is neither his/her biological parent nor his/ her legal guardian, the child needs to produce the following documents: unabridged birth certificate, affidavit of consent by both parents, copies of identity document or passport of both parents and contact details for parents in South Africa.

We recommend that travellers seek advice prior to travel. We offer a convenient immigration law advisory and notarial service to make travelling amidst these regulations as hassle free as possible.

For more information on our  offerings please see our notarial and immigration law services.

There are many medicines. Certain medicines are pops. Other treat peculiar ailment like Lupus nephritis. DIFLUCAN, one of of a new group of triazole antifungal agents, is available as a powder for oral suspension. There are numerous drugs for each afflictions. If you’re concerned about erectile heartiness problem, you probably know about levitra 10mg. Very likely every man knows about levitra cost per pill. (Read more cheapest generic levitra). Once humanity are looking for drugs to resolve sexual health problem. On occasion another disease will lead to erectile malfunction. There are risks possible with any type of therapy. Certainly you need to take dangerous side effects in consideration before purchasing any medicine. Get in touch with your body and stay healthy for long years.

, , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

1 + 3 =